Thursday, November 23, 2006

Project 3 - an experimental candy!

It was with lot of joy that i got the new brief, especially because of its characteristics.
It is very good to have a brief that is all about research, because for me GOOD DESIGN is proportional to its CONTENT.
I was even happier when I got William Burroughs!
I already got to know Jack Kerouac and had the opportunity to read some of his books, such as “On the road” and “The Dharma Bums”. I have known the Beat Generation since then, as well as some of the impacts that has had in our society.
Therefore, when I got “the father of the beat generation” as my topic of research I was in jubilation.

Now I have the opportunity to go deeper and to get to know why, how and what did Burroughs’s 84 years of existence changed in this world.

Strategies for my research?
Well since i allready now a bit about the beat genaration i wont be totally in the dark.
I know exactly where to look.
First thing, i´ll watch Cronenbergs movie version of Burroughs´s most famous novel the Naked Lunch,something i wanted to do for a while.
Basically ill try to live William Burroughs as close as i can get ( dont worry tutors i wont do heroin!) in order as depper as possible, like i said before: "to know why, how and what did Burroughs’s 84 years of existence changed in this world."

I´m looking foward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Esta obra está licenciada sob uma Licença Creative Commons.